Wednesday 21 March 2012

Pasta Broccoli and Sausage

I have a slight obsession with vegetables, and while in London I feel like I truly miss my dear Roman vegetables. The other day I was in Waitrose and made a huge discovery: Romanesco Broccoli! This is one of my absolute favorite vegetables, it has a very bright, light green color and is almost cone-shaped. It has a very creamy and nutty taste compared to normal broccoli, and in Italy is used for a lot of different recipes. I decided to make pasta with broccoli and sausage.
Here is the recipe: (Didn't really follow one from a book)

- Pasta
- Garlic
- Sausage
- Romanesco Broccoli
- Olive oil
- Hot pepper
- Parmigiano (Pecorino Romano would be better, and they do sell it at Waitrose, I saw it!)

Cut the Broccoli in pieces, cutting off the tough parts
Cut the Sausage in small pieces

In a pan, let some oil, garlic and hot pepper heat.
When the Garlic starts to turn golden, toss in the sausage.

When sausage starts turning slightly brown, add the pieces of broccoli.
Put a lid ont he pan, and let cook. If it looks dry you can add some water, or I sometimes like to add some white wine.

In the meantime, let the pasta cook in boiling water.

When broccoli is cooked, toss pasta in the pan and mix all together, if needed you can add some more olive oil, and later grate some cheese.

Buon Appetito!



5 comments:

  1. I agree!! and beautiful fotos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a nice recipe- Romanesco broccoli really is the oddest thing,isn't it? It looks like it is from another planet. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that looks good. Fresh sausage daily at Faicco's; on my way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sophie, These are perfect combinations of flavors. Blessings my dear, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete